Water Budgets Workshop Meeting Recording
It’s All About Balance: Ensuring Equilibrium in the Santa Clara River Valley East Groundwater Subbasin
View the full meeting, explore resources and provide your input using the form below.
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
It’s All About Balance: Ensuring Equilibrium
Defines the sources and uses of water in an area and ensures they are in balance.
A water budget takes into account:
- Supplies (groundwater, imported, recycled)
- Demands (municipal, institutional, industrial, agricultural consumption)
- Basin Water Balance Components
- Changes in storage over time
- Population growth
- Land use (urban, agricultural)
- Hydrologic conditions (rainfall, streamflow, groundwater levels)
- Climate change