Santa Clarita Valley Groundwater Sustainability Agency (SCV-GSA) is seeking qualified candidates for a Stakeholder Advisory Committee (SAC) that will provide the SCV-GSA with insight, support and expertise on various social, cultural and economic issues impacting groundwater management in the Santa Clarita Valley. This Stakeholder Advisory Committee will be formed to represent environmental interests, groundwater pumpers, business and members-at-large.
The SAC will review workshop information and materials, consider various Groundwater Sustainability Plan (“GSP”) components and make recommendations that will be considered by the SCV-GSA Board of Directors (“Board”) and staff. Feedback from the SAC will play an important role in helping SCV-GSA develop a fair and equitable Groundwater Sustainability Plan.
SCV-GSA is seeking representatives from specific stakeholder groups. All applicants must have a direct connection to the stakeholder group they are representing, and criteria for each group are described in the Stakeholder Advisory Committee Guidelines. An applicant to the SAC may only apply to represent a single stakeholder group from the list below:
- 1 representative of environmental interests;
- 1 representative of large pumpers (more than 25 acre-feet per year);
- 1 representative of medium pumpers (Greater than two to 25 acre-feet per year);
- 1 representative of small pumpers (Up to two acre-feet or less per year);
- 1 representative of the business community; and
- 2 members-at-large